Why Pet Cremation Services?
In the 21st century, pet cremation services in Bluff, NC are on the increase. They are quickly becoming as common as those requested by their human counterpart. For those who are aware of the increasingly strong bonds Americans have developed with their pets, this is certainly not a surprise. In fact, in Bluff, NC, pet cremation services are on the rise for many of the same reasons that human cremation services are. In part, it has to do with our urban lifestyle.
Pet Cremation Services: Responding to a Need
The increase in Bluff, NC pet cremation services is an indication of the change in two major factors. Both are aspects of the way American society has been developing over the past several decades. These consist of:
- Our growing move towards treating our pets as part of our families. Where once animals were kept outdoors and had specific functions e.g. food, service, protection, they have now been incorporated into family life. In fact, some individuals choose to have fur babies over children
- Urbanization of residency – apartments, condos etc. over rural properties; rentals instead of home ownership are all characteristic of modern living. Fewer people actually own their homes.
The result of the combination of these two factors has created the need for an option to the burying of our pets. Pet cremation services in Bluff, NC respond to the need for a viable option.
Other Reasons for Favoring Pet Cremation Services in Bluff, NC
There are other reasons for favoring pet cremation services in Bluff, NC over burial. These vary as to the individual’s preference but, essentially, can be narrowed down to include the following:
- Space: Most people do not live on a property large enough to permit the burial of their favorite companion. Postage sized lots can hardly see fit to accommodate the burial of a cat or hamster, let alone a horse.
- Legality: Many urban areas do not permit the burial of any animal on the property. By-laws prohibit this use of your space.
- Rental Property: If you rent your property, it is not yours to turn into a pet cemetery. It can also be a nasty shock to those who move into your home and, while innocently digging up the backyard to plant a tree or flower bed, discover the remains of your beloved pet.
- Lifestyle: Today, people change jobs and, therefore, locations, with increasing frequency. As a result, it is not always seen as the best solution to bury the beloved family pet of your fur baby somewhere you cannot visit. Pet cremation services in Bluff, NC allow you to take him or her with you – even to places where formerly, they would not have been allowed.
These are some of the more common and relevant reasons for cremation. Yet, there are several others. You may simply prefer the process as the best alternative. In this day and age, Bluff, NC cremation services allow you a variety of options that a backyard burial simply cannot.
Pet Cremation Services: A Means of Memorialization
If you have ever loved a pet, you know how important it is to recognize the contribution he or she made to your life. This is true whether it was a goldfish or a horse; a hamster or a cat; an iguana or a dog. In Bluff, NC, pet cremation services give you the chance to do so, although how elaborate the memorial service will be depends upon your financial condition. Pet cremation costs in Bluff, NC, like their human counterpart increase according to such factors as
- The decision to have a casket for the cremation
- The type of cremation – can be group or individual
- Whether an urn is required
- Urn choice – can be artistic, factory made, specialized, of diverse types of metals. The more costly the metal and more designer the urn the greater the pet cremation costs in Bluff, NC will become
- Type of ceremony or pet cremation services in Bluff, NC
- Where the ceremony is to be held – on the premises of a crematorium, outside in a memorial gardens, at home, or favorite place of the deceased
- Where the last resting place of the urn or cremains is to be e.g. mantel, columbarium, burial ground, beach, mountains, dog park
One other factor that the bereaved need to take into consideration – one not included in human cremations is the weight of the deceased. Crematoriums charge by the pound. As a result, the pet cremation costs in Bluff, NC will be greater for a horse or other form of large animal than it would be for a cat, dog or ferret. Bluff, NC Pet cremation costs may also vary because the overall service is not yet as regulated as it may be in the future.
Pet Cremation Services: The Rationale
Today, pets of many sizes, shapes and types have become part of the average American family. While some prefer the traditional cat, dog or bird, others opt for the exotic or larger animals. Yet, when they pass on, it has become increasingly common to not call on the local Bluff, NC pet cremation services to handle the process. Nor does the apparently high Bluff, NC pet cremation costs seem to deter the passionate and honestly grieving pet owner. Bluff, NC pet cremation services, as opposed to burial, are emerging as the way to best serve the deceased and the grieving in the 21st century.